August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 5: Cooking Supper for Friends

Today my gift was cooking supper for some friends.  I've always really enjoyed cooking because it reminds me of my family.  When I was little, I loved to watch my Dad cook.  He didn't ever follow a recipe and just cooked with such spontaneity and love.  Like my Dad, I love the creativity of cooking, and I love not to follow the rules when I cook.  As a cook, you can do whatever you want, add whatever you want, and it's always a surprise when you take the first bite.  I feel like life is a little like cooking, sometimes you follow the directions and things work out okay.  Sometimes you take risks and things turn out great!  Don't be afraid to show the world the best you, and don't forget to take risks along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment