August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 11: Hanging Out with Friends

Today my gift was spending time with some A-mazing friends.  I went over to Junction City to help my friends stain their deck, but we realized we needed to let it dry at least a day after power washing it.  So we spent the day picking vegetables out of their A-mazing garden to make some canned salsa and pickles. We all worked together to get the tomatoes canned and pickles pickled. :)  The day was spent with lots of laughs, a small dance party in the kitchen to the song "Copperhead Road", and a couple random adventures to a garage sale and Orschlens, where I bought some sweet gifts for future days.  Each day is such a gift.  Truly a gift.  My heart felt so full today.  We need to realize the potential in each day for beauty, laughter, friendship, love, and gratitude.  I feel so grateful for my life, friends, loving family, job, education, inspiration, and experiences.  Appreciate the beauty, friendship, and love in your life today and each day
Beautiful Sunflower growing in my friends' garden

Double Rainbow I saw on the way back to Manhattan

Another photo of the double rainbow

1 comment:

  1. Today was just one of those days that let's you know how true friends can be. Simply being around a group of people who only want the best for you is the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete