August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 21: Thank yous

Today my gift was giving Thank You cards to three of my professors and one of my former supervisors.  I was writing to thank them for writing me letters of recommendation for Grad School.  Each of them were so willing to write me a letter of recommendation.  They didn't have to write the letters and could have easily said no.  I appreciate their help in helping me pursue my Masters degree in Special Education.  It's nice to know there are people that are willing to help me out with my future endeavors.  Today send a thank you to someone that has helped you with something big whether it was last week or 10 years ago.  I'm sure they will be glad to hear from you, and your thank you will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment