August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 12: Kung Fu Panda Book and The Smurfs movie

 Today my gift was giving my little sister, Shea, from Big Brothers & Big Sisters a Kung Fu Panda book and taking her to the movies. She was so excited, and she said it was only her third time at the movie theaters.  Shea is one of those kiddos that really appreciates the small things in life.  It was delightful to watch her laughing at the movie and to be spending time with her.  After the movie, Shea was so polite and let several others exit in front of us.  I instantly complimented her on her kindness and polite attitude towards others.  We know kids can learn a lot from adults, but I think a lot of times we can learn so much from kids.  We can learn to be kind to strangers, to appreciate time with others, to appreciate the small things in life, and to just laugh at anything.  "Enjoy the little things in life..for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things." 

No comments:

Post a Comment