August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 28: Celebrating August Birthdays

Today my gift was going out with the girls to celebrate the August birthdays in our group.  I love spending time with my friends.  It's always such a great time to go out to supper and just talk about whatever is on our minds.  I think spending time with the ones we care about is such a gift, and sometimes we do not take the time to do it.  We get busy with the craziness of life, opt out, tell ourselves we don't have time, and we seclude ourselves.  Sometimes spending time with our friends or family is just what we need when we are overstressed or overworked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment