August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 40: Donation to St. Mary's CYO

Today my gift was donating money to the St. Mary's CYO group of Ellis.  I received the letter below from one of my friend's little sisters.  She and her CYO group were getting ready to attend the National Catholic Youth Conference.  I attended this conference as a CYO member in high school.  It was such a great experience, and it was the first opportunity I had to go to Oklahoma and Texas.  I made many memories on that trip with one of my best friends, and I fell in love with traveling after that trip.  I want to give youth in my home community that same opportunity I had.  That same opportunity to broaden their horizons and meet new people.  Also, I hope these young people had an opportunity to deepen their faith and see the impact that faith can have on their lives.  Each opportunity, journey, or trip we had as youth has helped shape the person we are today.  Give back to those organizations, causes, or experiences that helped mold you into the individual you are today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment