August 2011-
I am starting a 29-Day Challenge to give one gift each day and see how it affects my life. I have always considered myself a giver, but I feel this challenge will challenge and focus me on giving more. I was inspired by the book 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change your Life. I ran across it 2 years ago in a bookstore in Springfield, MO, and I titled a piece of paper 29 Gifts. I found that same piece of paper the other day, and I saw it as a sign to start the challenge. You can learn more about the book and challenge at http://givingchallenge.ning.com/.

After 1 month of giving, I have continued this challenge in giving and sharing the stories with others. Hope you enjoy reading about my adventures with giving!



Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 35: Encouraging words

Today my gift was sending a good friend of mine a card in the mail.  She hasn't been herself lately, and I just wanted to let her know that I am there for her.  I wanted to encourage her and brighten her day.  Sometimes we reach out and expect nothing in return.  Today reach out to someone in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment